Monday, July 13, 2015

Touchscreen Laptops: Handy tool for mobile developers.

You know all those touchscreen laptops that have been showing up in the past few years? I was one of the many people that thought "that is absolutely pointless, how would that make anything easier on a laptop?". Well if you're a mobile developer and frequently use the emulation tools such as the AVD for Android, it really is a godsend.

I purchased my Dell Inspiron 5000 laptop with a touch screen laptop thinking I'd never use that touch screen. I was wrong. So wrong. After about two weeks of using it, I found myself constantly touching my Acer Chromebook's screen while I'm browsing webpages. But it really hit me when I started using AVD/emulators to test apps out that I was finally able to develop apps and use them on my laptop like they're physical touch devices. Nothing is more annoying then using a mouse to try to operate something that is controlled by touch.

Those touchscreen laptops are pieces of gems for mobile devs.

No comments :

Post a Comment